Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Fun In the Sun



Last week I was saying that "Spring has Sprung," but I think Summer is right around the corner!  The herbs in my garden are loving the heat.   I will have a huge supply of lavender this year.  I would like to make sachets for my drawers and to hang in the closets.

Have you ever had Lavender Lemonade?   I recently had some at a friends and it is so refreshing.   I found a recipe that looks wonderful, and I am anxious to give it a try.


We visited Litzenberg Park last Sunday.   They were baking lavender bread.   They used the leaves, not the buds.  It was unexpected and very good.  My family gave it a thumbs up!  What things do you like to do with lavender?



My children have spent the last few days in the kiddie pools in our back yard.  The perfect weather for getting out the garden hose.  Here are a few pictures.






I love geraniums in flower pots.  They just always seem to look just right.  I had a few leftover from my window boxes, so I tucked them into this little pot.  Very sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment