Friday, December 19, 2014

Pleasant Words Are As A Honeycomb


I don't know about you, but I like to be encouraged.  I like it when someone genuinely takes the time to stop and say "Hi."  Someone that remembers that last week you were having a rough time, and they just wanted to see if you made it through ok.

Or friends that thought of you when they went shopping, and they just brought you something they thought your children might need.  We have friends like that
from church.  They call to check on us, they let us borrow things for the baby, she even whipped up some culottes for my girls.

Not because they had to.  They wanted to.  I so appreciate friends like that.

We have some other friends that have given us a car seat, some shoes they thought the children could use.  They keep in touch.  We laugh together.  We share the same ideas for our families.  I love friends like that.

Words of encouragement, thoughtful actions, remembered birthdays and anniversaries.  A child's sickness that was remembered, or a card of condolence.

In our busy society we need to stop once in a while and think of others.

Don't think for a minute I am preaching at you. I am preaching at me.  I always say that they will write "Good Intentions" on my tombstone.

If you are one of those thoughtful people...thank you.

If you are like me...let's try to be more like them.

I found lovely bee frame at Reading, Roses & Proses.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you used the "bee frame" Channon! :) Thank you for the encouragement to seek out ways to bless others!! Thank you also for sharing your wonderful posts at the Art of Home-Making Mondays this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JES. I love your weekly link up. It is a wonderful group of ladies every week. :)

      Delete