Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Make Way For Ducklings


Aren't they the cutest!  I must have said this ten times as I was running...walking stealthily...over to snap some pictures before they ran away.  What I didn't see was the momma duck coming in close behind to make sure I didn't hurt her little ones.  In the end she was happy because I went away, and I was happy because I was able to get so close to her adorable ducklings.

As I was loading the pictures from my camera onto my computer I couldn't help but think of Robert McCloskey's book "Make Way For Ducklings."   What adventures were my little ducklings headed on?  I feel the idea for book coming on...

Here are few more photos from our real life ducky adventures, and from the cute book my children and I love to read together.







As most homeschool moms do, I began thinking about the fun things we could do to study ducks.  This idea is still in the works, but if you want to start one yourself I found a few cute lap books over at Homeschool Share.  They have such a wonderful collection of lap books and resources for FIAR.  Head over to take a peek!

Linking up over at Hope Is The Word

No comments:

Post a Comment