Saturday, December 20, 2014

20 Things You Did and Didn't Want To Know About Me



The 'About' me page.  Hmmmm...... Believe it or not, this page is a little intimidating.   According to the helpful tutorials I need to be myself, witty, engaging, charming, and over-all wonderful.  No small order.  I thought since I was updating my page, I would try something a little different.  A peak into the world that is 'Sunshine by Channon.'  Be afraid, be very afraid... just kidding.

1.   I really like old movies.  The kind of movies where men and women still wore fashionable hats.
2.   I really like dining out, in really elegant, trendy spots.  But, I really don't like fussy food.  A bacon cheeseburger with barbecue sauce and a side of crispy fries makes me very happy!
3.   Watching birds fly around my backyard, or the park, or really just anywhere brings me great joy.  Their beauty and grace inspire me.
4.   I am a huge fan of classical music.  The kind that is light and airy, cheerful and beautiful.  I adore Vince Guaraldi type jazz and fun quirky music.  I stay away from heavy, deep soul searching music.  I don't like music that makes me cry or feel down.
5.   I can tend to be a bit too serious.  I am not messy or over-sympathetic.  I know, you don't want to be my friend now :)
6.   However, I can be overly sensitive while watching commercials, children's movies or reading sweet heartwarming children's books.  Go figure.
7.   I have wanted to have my own craft business since I was 19.  I have started and stopped many endeavors for various reasons.  My time will come.
8.   I love to stay busy, work with my hands and learn new things.  High on my list right now is learning to knit.  I will one day be able to join a Yarn Along, and have a Raverly page and actually know what everyone is talking about.
9.   I drink too much coffee, with lots of cream and sugar.  Actually, I prefer flavored creamers.  Thankfully my sweet husband has the same addiction, and I can see the glowing lights of a Starbucks through my living room window.   It's the simple things in life.
10.  It is imperative that I have morning and evening quiet time with no children.  It is better for my sanity...and theirs.  Maybe it has something to do with that coffee addiction....hmmmm.
11.  I like to read cookbooks.  Not because I necessarily plan on cooking or baking, just for fun.
12.  I will have 'Good Intentions' inscribed on my tombstone.
13.  I am not a big chocolate eater, I really struggle with cloudy days for long periods of time, and I am really bad at remembering to take my vitamin everyday.  Does once every two weeks count?
14.  I love crafting with my children, reading aloud, making my house pretty and looking at flowers.
15.  I dream to one day live by the ocean.
16.  I really enjoy the humdrum of everyday tasks.  I like the schedule and predictability that a simple, consistent rhythm can add to our day.
17.  In the past few months I have experienced God in a whole new way.  His grace and mercy truly are new every morning.  With our recent move my family and I have grown and felt a freedom in God's Word that we haven't felt before.
18.  I am a lover not a fighter, and very optimistic.  Strawberry fields forever!
19.  I am drawn to things that are sweet, 'cheesy', adorable, tiny...you get the idea.  Like pictures of little hedgehogs or baby bunnies.  I know, but I can't help it.
20.  When I grow up I want to be an explorer, like Indiana Jones.  I want to go into the crazy, unexplored parts of the Earth and discover new things.  Or, maybe like Thomas Gates on National Treasure.

So there you have it. The good, the bad and the ugly.

If I didn't scare you away, and would like to receive updates in your email,  please sign up!  You can also find me at these social media sites (how did we ever survive without them):

FacebookInstagramPinterestGoogle+




Visit Sunshine by Channon's profile on Pinterest.

2 comments:

  1. This was fun to read Channon. I am with you on #'s 1,9,11, 14, 16 and 20.

    And I still love the illustrations of Beatrix Potter and her darling Hedgehogs :)

    Thanks for sharing on the Art of Home-Making Mondays.

    I added you on Google +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, JES. It was fun writing the list :) I added you back. Have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete